The Believe in Ohio (BIO) is proud to partner with INVENTORcloud Program to offer participating schools access to entrepreneurial resources and rapid prototyping equipment for the 2015-2016 school year.
Resources that are available to assist teachers and students in developing BIO plans include:
- Online course aligned to BIO Roadmap with entrepreneurial resources and information
- Ability to create prototypes using 3D printers and other rapid prototyping equipment
- Professional technical support to review designs
- INVENT3D printer to be used at the school!
- Hands-on application of science as students can design and build their own product prototype
- Allows for iterative review and improvement of prototype
- Full complement of technical and design review services
- Course aligned with BIO Roadmap to enhance understanding of entrepreneurial concepts
- Improve knowledge to develop competitive 21st century business plans.
- Enhanced learning experience to improve student engagement and outcomes
Free for all participating BIO Schools *
Self-paced, online Entrepreneurial Course
- Course is aligned to BIO Roadmap Mileposts
- Content is developed from subject matter resources, videos, articles for each milepost
- Based in Moodle open source Learning Management System (LMS) with optional PDF available
Resource Guide for Designing & Building Prototype
- Tips and best practices for designing and building prototypes with rapid prototyping equipment
- Sample 3D design lesson using Autodesk 123D
* Requires registration (complete Part A of the registration form at the bottom of the page)
If you are interested in obtaining the following INVENTORcloud resources for your school to use to conduct Believe in Ohio, please complete the form below.
For $1,000 Fee, includes the above items and:
Technical Support for Designing & Building Prototype
- STORM:Tool - A software program for virtual presence and remote access for use of INVENT3D Maker Space and technical support
- Review of design files for prototype production
- Virtual classroom instruction of Autodesk 123D
- Virtual tour of INVENT3D Maker Space to demonstrate equipment use and capabilities
PLUS one of these two options:
Option 1: INVENT3D Maker Space Services
Use of online, INVENT3D Maker Space which can produce prototypes using the following equipment (includes shipping and handling).
- 3D printer (PLA or ABS material included)
- Vinyl Printer/Cutter (basic material included; specialized materials for additional fee)
- Laser Engraver (basic material included; specialized materials for additional fee)
- CNC Mill
- CNC Router
Option 2: INVENT3D Printer Lease for classroom use for second semester
Receive an INVENT3D Printer, a single head, fused filament deposition printer with 8” x 8” x 8” build area and one 1KG roll of PLA filament. Schools have option to purchase at end of semester for $1,000.00.
School can purchase additional rapid prototyping services to augment the classroom 3D printer
- $25.00 for first hour of machine time which includes file design review services and basic materials (specialized materials for additional fee)
- $5.00 for each additional hour
Includes shipping & handling
If you are interested in using the INVENTORcloud resources to use in the Believe in Ohio Program, please complete the form below: